Monday, August 07, 2006

Leaving in a few hours ...

... but am I packed? Of course not. I will be though.
I have a million and a half thoughts scampering through my mind, but foremost is the need to ensure I have enough clothing to stay warm and not have to do laundry twice a week. So I'll get back to that in a moment.

I can't believe it's here. I'm leaving. This is what I need and want to do, and have been waiting for since I began planning out my life ... so really, forever.

Am I nervous? Yes. But not about my personal safety and the war. I know I'll be fine. I'm worried for the country, and the future. Personally, I'm also a bit apprehensive about leaving for so long and so far away (even though it really is home), and with so little time to prepare.

Excitement is definitely the most prominent emotion though. I really can't wait for my adventure to start.

No comments: